Friday, January 4, 2013

I have been a little busy.....


Well so far so good on my stash resolution!!!  I have given a few things away and made quite a few (also to be given away).  Here are some pictures of a few of the things I have been busy with....


 This was made for a good friend of mine on January 1st!  Usually I don't consider these a  challenge but her favorite color is periwinkle.   Beautiful color but hard to find.   When I found the color and brought it home, I had a time matching it to paper I had (and let me tell you that in itself is amazing since I could open a store with all the paper I have...no joke). I think it turned out well though and I really hope she likes it.  




 On January 2nd, I removed everything from my Clip it up (there was so much that I couldn't get everything I did want on it), went through it honestly deciding if I wanted to keep it or get rid of it (and boy did I get rid of lots of stuff...good stuff...brand new stuff but still stuff that I just wasn't using), then putting everything back on it in a more organized fashion!  Don't know how long it will stay this way so I took a picture while it still looked nice :) 
 On the 3rd I made up this card kit that has been sitting around.  It is a very nice card kit and I like the cards.  I am going to give them to my grandmother when she is feeling better and is ready to start sending cards to her friends again.  For those that don't already know, she has a really bad case of shingles and has been very sick since before Thanksgiving!  The Doctor said it is one of the worst cases he has ever seen.  I have been running a card campaign for her on my FACEBOOK page and if you would like to send her a card, let me know and I will send you the address.
  

Today's Project:  This is another letter I made for a friend.  This one was a challenge for me as she wanted a beach theme and I had never made one without using papers.  This one actually has real sand on it....don't worry, I sealed it so the sand wouldn't get everywhere.  I really hope she likes it!!   In addition to this, I also took a few yards of fabric I had bought for a project and cut it all up into 2" x 2" squares.  I plan on making a wreath.  At least when I am ready, the fabric is already cut :)  Trust me it was a pain in the hands - lol!! 


Well, this is what I have been doing with my stash....what about you????? Can't wait to hear how you have been using yours!!! 

8 comments:

sunnieday4u said...

Looks great Sharon. I really love the S. How did you seal the sand?

Sharon said...

Hey Allison, I sealed it with Acrylic Spray on sealer I got at Hobby Lobby. Sealed it really nice and you can still feel the bumpy of the sand but it doesn't come off :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Impressive projects - and sorting/purging going on.

I'm glad you've joined the Crafty Gals... can't wait to be even more inspired by you!

Gardner's Basket said...

Great projects!! The Beachy S is gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration.

Zella said...

I love the letters! What a great personal gift for friends and family.

Sassy said...

Giggle, giggle.... I am smiling from ear-to-ear! Hmmmm... could I be the lucky recipient of this J and S? Fingers crossed! They are fantabulous, Sharon!

Laura lok said...

I love that s. I have issues with the sides coming out nice when I do that sort of thing. I keep thinking I need a clip it too. Need vs want hmmmmmmmmmmm

Me, My Stamps and I said...

beautiful projects and yes, you have been busy!!!